Best Charities to Donate in 2022 (Review)
How to choose the best charity to donate to? We've rounded up the top charities for the best donation
To choose the best charities for donations, we analyzed:
- Help for children and youth
- Support nature and earth
- Assistance to veterans
- Medical care
- Animal welfare
- Assistance to refugees
- And others
- INGO:international NGO
- GONGO:government-organized NGO
- QUANGO:quasi-autonomous NGO
- ENGO: An environmental NGO
- And others
- And others
Table of contents
- The best charity to donate in 2022 (review)
- Top-rated charity to donate to
- The most rated nonprofit to donate
- Best nongovernmental(NGO) organizations for donations
- Choose the best charity to donate to
- We recommend the best charity to donate to
Help orphans in Ukraine in few steps:
- You can donate one time
- You can provide assistance to orphans
- You can also contact our managers and discuss any options for assistance
- You can trust us we are in the top rating in Greatnonprofit in 2020 and 2021 years
Most rated charities for donations that help children and youth
How much does it cost to donate to charity? Is it worth it? Are there better options out there?
Charities are great organizations that provide services to those who need them. They also raise funds to support their cause. The problem is that they often spend a lot of money on fundraising campaigns. This means that less money goes towards helping the needy.
There are many ways to give back to society. One way is to donate to charities.
There are top-rated charities that provide support to children. Most of them accept donations from individuals and companies. The best charities organizations that provide support to children and youth:
- UNICEF USA-supports child development around the world by providing health care, nutrition, education and clean water. Over 10% of all donations go towards programs. Has 13,697 donors
- Save The Children-is a global non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of children around the world. Has 13,155 donors
- ALSAC(American Lebanese Syrian Associated Charities)-also donates money to other organizations which are involved in helping children with cancer. Has 15,299 donors
- Children's Health Fund-provides funding for 25 medical programs that bring high-quality health care and social services to children's
- Shoes That Fit-has given out over 100,000 pairs of shoes since its inception. The organization provides free footwear to children living in impoverished communities around the world
Top-rated charity to donate for the environment
The best charity to donate for the environment is one that supports sustainable development. It’s not necessarily a charity that focuses on conservation, but rather it’s about supporting programs that are environmentally friendly and will help to preserve our planet.
The following list of top 5 environmental charities is includes of those organizations that have been most rated of Charity Navigator, an independent organization that evaluates nonprofits based on their financial health and transparency.
List of top-rated charities for the environment:
- World Wildlife Fund-is a great choice when looking for a charity focused on protecting our natural resources. WWF works with local communities to promote sustainable forestry management and wildlife conservation. Has 14,566 donors
- Nature Conservancy-leading global nonprofit working to secure lands for future generations. Has 15,462 donors
- Rainforest Alliance Inc.-organization that works with farmers in developing countries to improve agricultural practices that protect forests and conserve biodiversity
- Natural Resources Defense Council's (NRDC)-purpose is to safeguard the Earth: its people, its plants and animals and the natural systems on which all living things depend on. Has 15,432 donors
- Union of Concerned Scientists-focusing on environmental issues. This charity organization has over 1 million members and supporters worldwide.
If you want to donate to these charities, just do it. It is safe and has been verified by multiple watchdog organizations, such as Greatnonprofit and Charity Navigator
The best charities that has programs to help veterans
How can you make a difference in the lives of veterans? You can start by donating your time, money or goods. But if you want to do more than just donate, there are many organizations that have programs specifically for veterans and their families. Below is a list of some of the most well-known veteran’s charities:
- American Legion-one of the oldest veterans’ service groups in America. It was founded in 1919 as an organization to support veterans. Has over 2 million members
- Disabled American Veterans(DAV)-Founded in 1866, the DAV provides assistance to disabled veterans through education, vocational rehabilitation, health care and legal aid. Has 11,913 donors
- Wounded Warrior Project-this charity was created in 2004 to assist injured U.S. troops returning from Iraq and Afghanistan
- Honor Flight Network-help WWII, Korean War and Vietnam War veterans who wish to visit memorials dedicated to those wars and bring them back to Washington D.C. for free
- Military Order of the Purple Hear-nonprofit group that supports current and former military personnel who are victims of violent crime. Membership is open to anyone who has been physically assaulted while serving in the armed forces.
More than the best, charities to donate that support animal welfare
Adopting an animal from a shelter is a great way to save a life and help the community at the same time. If you can't adopt an animal from a shelter you can donate to one of these top animal welfare organizations
- Animal Welfare-have over 30 years experience working with animals and their owners
- American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals-mission is to prevent cruelty to all animals throughout the United States. Has 11,544 donors
- World Animal Protection-it includes preventing animal abuse, reducing suffering caused by human activities, improving conditions for captive wild animals, and promoting responsible pet ownership
- Together for Animals-dedicated to ending cruelty and abuse toward animals by educating people about their rights and needs
- Best Friends Animal Society-nonprofit organization dedicated to ending the suffering of animals through rescue, advocacy, and education
What would you say, if we told that you could save thousands of animals from suffering and death every year? That’s exactly what happens at the ASPCA. They rescue over 100,000 dogs and cats each year, and they provide veterinary care, shelter, food and training to these animals.
Best charity to donate which has refugees programs
There are over 83 million refugees around the world today. That number is expected to rise to nearly 120 million by 2023. This means that every day, millions of people are displaced due to conflict or natural disasters.
You can help these people by donating to charities that support them. In fact, some charities even provide direct aid to refugees. If you want to get involved, here are five top-rated charities organizations to donate. You can choose from the list:
- Refugees International-nonprofit organization that provides humanitarian assistance to refugees around the world. They also advocate for the rights of refugees and asylum seekers
- Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service-has helped thousands of refugees and immigrants gain access to basic human rights, including freedom of religion, freedom of speech, and freedom from torture
- RefugePoint-has helped thousands of people get back on their feet. Their mission is simple: to provide a safe space where people can live without fear or worry
- International Rescue Committee (IRC)-humanitarian organization that provides emergency assistance to refugees around the world
- International Refugee Assistance-helps refugees around the world get settled into their new homes. They provide emergency relief and long-term support to refugees who are already living in host countries
Refugees are fleeing their homes due to war or persecution. They often face extreme hardship when they arrive in another country. Many refugees live in camps where basic services such as clean water, sanitation, food, clothing, shelter, healthcare and education are lacking.
There are over 83 million refugees worldwide. The global humanitarian community has estimated that at least $1 trillion is needed annually to provide assistance to these displaced persons.
Best charities to donate with medical care programs
Most people say they want to give more, but don’t know where to start donations. There are over 200 million people living with HIV/AIDS worldwide. In 2017 alone, nearly 40 million people received antiretroviral therapy (ART) to prevent the development of AIDS or slow down its progression.
Medical charities provide free or low cost healthcare services to those who cannot afford it. Health care organizations offer medical services at a fee. That charities focus on providing basic medical services to the needy. They often rely on donations from individuals and corporations. List of top-rated charities providing medical aid:
- Doctors Without Borders-that organization also focus on providing care to people living in war zones and disaster areas. The organization operates independent of from governments and other international organizations. Has 33,687 donors
- American Red Cross-the organization been provides support such as disaster relief, blood donation, and emergency preparedness. Has 19,733 donors
- International Medical Corps-international non-government organization support to improving global health by providing medical services and education
- Partners In Health-provides free healthcare services to people living in remote areas around the world
- VillageReach-the organization focuses on improving access to clean water, sanitation, food security, health care, and education
The best religious nonprofit to donate to
Many religious non-profit often provide support to those in need. They also support social causes and charities. Many communities host drives food, clothing, toy, blood, and other events. Religious community are great places to volunteer. In addition to helping out at these events, you can also become part of the congregation. This means attending worship services, participating in bible studies, volunteering, and learning about the faith. A list of the best religious charities to donate to:
- Catholic Charities USA-non-profit organization that provides social services to low-income families across the United States. Has helped over 60 million people since its inception.
- Christian Relief Services Charities-non-profit organization that provides humanitarian aid to those who are suffering from natural disasters or other emergencies around the globe. Has helped over 3 million people since its inception in 1985
- Lutheran World Relief-global christianity humanitarian organization that provides food, water, shelter, health care, and other basic essentials to those in need.
- Jewish Community Foundation-nonprofit organization that mission is to provide support to Jewish organizations and individuals in the U.S. Has raised over $1 billion since its inception. In 2021 alone, they donated over $100 million to local charities.
- Baptist Child and Family Services-nonprofit organization that provides services to children who are victims of abuse or neglect. They provide foster care, adoption assistance, and other support services to families
- Indian Muslim Relief and Charities-these organizations provide educational and financial support to thousands of orphans, destitute children and needy families
Top-rated educational nonprofit organizations
If you want to make a difference, consider donating to educational charities. These organizations provide free or low cost learning opportunities to children around the world. They also offer scholarships to students who cannot afford higher education.
- Youth Guidance-organization creates and implements school-based programs that enable children to overcome obstacles, focus on their education and, ultimately, to succeed in school and in life
- 826 National-nonprofit organization dedicated to providing free tutoring services to students from low-income families
- Global Education Fund-the organization aims to improve global access to quality education through innovative partnerships between governments, businesses, philanthropists and civil society organizations
- Ready for School-nonprofit organization dedicated to preparing students for success in college and beyond
- Great Schools Partnership-helps parents compare over 9,000 schools and identify the right school for their child.
Charity is important. Giving back to society is a great way to show gratitude and support. There are many ways to get involved and contribute to those less fortunate.
Best of scientific nonprofit organizations to donate
Scientific nonprofits are organizations that conduct research or provide services related to science, medicine, health care, engineering, mathematics, computer science, or other fields. They often focus on improving human life through their work. Scientific nonprofits are similar to other nonprofits in terms of structure and governance. They also share some similarities with for-profit companies in terms of mission, goals, and financial performance.
There are thousands of scientific nonprofits around the globe. Some are focused on specific issues, while others tackle broader topics. Here are some of the top scientific nonprofits to donate:
- American Institute of Biological Sciences-has been helping scientists understand how life works since 1875. Their work includes studying biodiversity, climate change, and more
- National Geographic Society-the mission this organization is to inspire people to care about the planet. In fact, the society spends over $300 million per year on various conservation efforts.
- National Science Foundation-basic research to discover things like new materials, tools, and energy technologies. It also provides funding to develop the next generation of scientists
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute-independent institute that funds biomedical research across the world. Its main goal is to increase global access to cutting-edge discoveries.
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation-the foundation works to ensure universal health care, educate girls around the world, fight infectious diseases, and conduct scientific research
Most ranking literary nonprofit to donations
Literary nonprofits are organizations that support writers through various means. They provide financial assistance, mentor, and other services to authors who are struggling financially or else.
Literary nonprofits are often misunderstood because they not fit into the typical mold of a non-profit organization. Many people assume that these organizations are only interested in helping famous authors, but that far from true. In reality, literary nonprofits are dedicated to supporting writers at every stage of their career.
The types of literary nonprofits vary widely. Some focus solely on publishing while others offer funding for books, grants, scholarships, and more. There are even some literary nonprofits that focus on teaching literature. List of top-rated literary nonprofits:
- National Writing Project-provides teachers with resources to improve their teaching practices and students with opportunities to develop their writing skills
- World Literacy Foundation-giving free books to children and adults in developing countries. Their goal is to ensure that every person has access to books and reading materials
- Girls Write Now-dedicated to helping girls become better writers through workshops, mentorship programs, and other activities
- Little Free Library-by their example, many communities have taken the initiative to create their own little free libraries.
- Words Without Borders-organization that contributes to cultural exchange through the translation and publication of contemporary international literature
The highest-ranked sport nonprofit for donations
Sport nonprofits are non-profit organizations that focus on sports, health, and fitness. They provide opportunities for people to participate in sports activities and promote health and wellness. They also offer scholarships to low income students who want to play sports at the collegiate level.
There are several benefits of being involved in sport nonprofits. For example, they can improve mental and physical health, increase social connections, and even save lives. This list includes some of best sports nonprofits:
- Higher Ground-organization offers group exercise classes, personal training, and adaptive sports programs for people with physical challenges
- Good Sports-they program provides equipment, clothing and shoes for kids ages 4-18 who live in low income communities
- Adaptive Sports Center-provides year-round, nationally-recognized adaptive sports programs for individuals with disabilities. It also serves as a hub for the community, where volunteers teach skiing and snowboarding, and offer other recreational opportunities.
- Women's Sports Foundation-nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting women's sports through various programs and initiatives
- Sports Outreach Institute-nonprofit organization specialized to helping children who suffer from sports injuries through the power of sport
Sports are a great way to bring communities together. They create bonds between people from all walks of life. Sports also provide opportunities for children to develop their skills and talents.
There are several ways to support your local sports teams. For example, you can volunteer at games or events, sponsor a player, or even become a season ticket holder.
Top ranking animals help nonprofit
Animals are often overlooked in our society. They don't get the same attention or respect as humans. In fact, they're often seen as nothing more than food or entertainment. But animals aren't just pets. They're living beings who deserve to live free from harm. There are over 7 billion animals in the world today. That number is expected to increase to 9 billion by 2050. Unfortunately, these numbers are only going to continue growing. This means that there will be even more animals needing help. This list compiles the best nonprofit organizations that support animals:
- Friends of Animals-provide shelter, care, and rehabilitation services to abused, neglected, abandoned, and homeless animals.The organization has been able to rescue thousands of animals because of their innovative methods.
- Last Chance for Animals-this organization focuses on promoting social justice issues such as human rights, environmental conservation, and animal welfare
- Whidbey Animals Improvement Foundation-provides a home for homeless pets, and they strive to improve their quality of life through rehabilitation and socialization.
- Animal Haven-provide a safe haven for unwanted animals and offer them loving care until they find their forever home
- Animal Welfare Society-provides temporary housing for homeless dogs and cats, as well as emergency assistance during disasters. They also educate the public about responsible pet ownership and encourage adoption.
We should all take care of the planet, and animals are no exception. There are many ways to help animals. Some of them include donating money, volunteering, adopting animals, and helping out at shelters.
Quick facts about Non-governmental organizations:
- An organization that operates independently of any government
- May receive funding from a government
- Operates without oversight or representation from that government
- There are more than 40,000 international nongovernmental organizations in the world
The best of international nonprofit organizations (INGO)
There are thousands of non-governmental organizations (NGOs) around the world working to improve human rights, fight poverty, promote peace, or support environmental causes. They are also known as civil society groups.
Most of these organizations are funded through donations from private individuals, foundations, corporations and other institutions. Some of them are even supported by international aid agencies. This list presents the best of Non-governmental organizations:
- World Association of Non-Governmental Organizations-nonprofit membership association whose members include civil society groups, foundations, universities, governments, international agencies, and other organizations working in support of sustainable development.
- Vietnamese American Nongovernmental Organization Network-community that focuses on helping Vietnamese youth achieve success through education
- ActionAid USA-committed to providing clean water, sanitation, and hygiene services to those who lack access to these necessities.
- Feeding America-organization that provides food assistance to low income families across the United States. The organization distributes over 40 million pounds of food every month
- Amnesty International-global movement of individuals who campaign for the protection of human rights through non-violent means
These types of organizations are often involved in providing services to the poor, protecting the environment, and promoting peace
Top rated of government-organized nonprofit in U.S. (GONGO)
The U.S. government has a long history of providing services to its citizens. Some of these include national defense, public safety, and social welfare
- Government Performance Coalition-organization that helps federal agencies improve their performance. The GPO provides its members with tools and resources to measure, report, and manage their performance
- American Society for Public Administration-professional society dedicated to advancing the science and practice of public administration through research, scholarship, and teaching
- National Academy of Public Administration-organization offers scholarships to students who wish to pursue careers in government service
- Partnership for Public Service-dedicated to strengthening public service through partnerships between federal agencies and nonprofits.
- Project On Government Oversight-has released a report showing that the White House has far too much influence over the Pentagon
Help orphans in Ukraine in a few simple steps:
- You can donate one time
- You can provide assistance orphans for a while
- You can also contact our managers and discuss any options for assistance
- You can trust us we are in the top rating in Greatnonprofit in 2020 and 2021 years
The highest rating of quasi-autonomous nonprofit organizations(QUANGO)
Quasi-autonomous nonprofit organizations(QUANGO)organized or chartered by government to deliver governmental functions (distinct from nonprofits that bid to receive governmental contracts or grants).
QUANGO are typically organizations that replace and function as state entities without it officially being the government or directly answering to government authority. Depending on your country, it could be utility boards, commissions, or independent organizations that do what you would expect the state-level government to be doing.
Quite a new definition of an organization, more common in the UK.
The best of an environmental nonprofit(ENGO)
Environmental nonprofits (ENGO) are organizations whose primary purpose is to promote environmental protection. They often focus on issues such as climate change, pollution, deforestation, etc. There are many ways to support environmental nonprofits. One way is through donations. Another is through volunteering. This list presents the best NGOs in the field of environmental protection:
- Greenpeace-has been fighting for environmental causes since 1971. They are known for their campaigns against nuclear power plants, deforestation, pollution, and climate change. Today they continue to fight for a sustainable future
- Earth Island Institute-nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting the environment through research, advocacy, and direct action.
- Earth Justice-non-profit organization dedicated to protecting the environment and human rights. They provide legal support to communities facing environmental injustice
- Environmental Defense Fund-they focus on environmental issues such as climate change, toxic pollution, water quality, air quality, and sustainable energy
- Nature Friends International-inspire children to care for the environment and foster a lifelong love of nature
We used data from charity watchdogs CharityNavigator, Greatnonprofit, Charitywatch, and other documents that are freely available online. This was done in order to aggregate different charities, for a clearer picture for the person who wants to donate to charity.
|Doctors Without Borders, USA
|American Red Cross
|The Nature Conservancy
|Natural Resources Defense Council
|ALSAC - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
|World Wildlife Fund
|Save the Children
|DAV (Disabled American Veterans) Charitable Trust
|American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
TOP rated animal welfare charities
|Animal Welfare Institute
|Blue Mountain Humane Society
|Humane Society of Sarasota County
|Israel Guide Dog Center for the Blind
|Our Companions Animal Rescue
|Enterprise Community Partners, Inc.
|Habitat for Humanity of Ventura County
|Heart of West Michigan United Way
|North Georgia Community Foundation
|Parasol Tahoe Community Foundation
|The Winston-Salem Foundation
|Equal Justice Initiative
|Free Software Foundation
|Freedom From Religion Foundation
|National Center for Youth Law
|National Women's Law Center
|Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice
In recent years, the number of children living without parents has increased dramatically. Many of these kids live in poverty and face challenges such as malnutrition, lack of access to education, and violence.
There are many ways to help orphans. One of the most effective methods is through adoption. Adoption is a long process that requires patience and commitment. The benefits of adopting include improving the lives of orphaned children and creating a loving family
The situation with orphans in Ukraine is difficult. The state does not cope with programs for the assistance and adaptation of orphans. However, the emergence of a new type of adaptation of orphans in family homes has corrected the situation somewhat.
If you would like to help orphans in Ukraine, you can contact us to discuss any options for helping orphans and internally displaced people from eastern Ukraine
103 Coral Way, Suite 202 Miami, FL 33145
Universal Aid for Children, Inc. is a registered tax-exempt non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) Federal TAX ID # 59-1739205