Orphans in Ukraine need help
To help orphans in Ukraine, you can consider donating to the nonprofit Universal aid For children of Ukraine. The organization works to give impoverished children in government orphanages a better future. They focus on orphanages in the Odessa region.
Of the 70 thousand orphans in Ukraine, only about 20% of them have parents who died. The remaining 80 percent are social orphans, resulting from abandonment, abuse, violence, and drug addiction.
More then 30,000 orphans in Ukraine live in orphanages. Approximately half of these children were abandoned by their families. While the majority of these orphans from Ukraine by birth, others are the victims of domestic abuse, drug and alcohol addiction, homelessness, and prostitution.
Even some of these children are given away because their parents are no longer able to take care of them. These vulnerable children are particularly at risk of exploitation and sexual abuse.
Home for orphans in Ukraine
Currently, there are 750 orphanages for orphan in Ukraine. This does not include the displaced children from the eastern part of Ukraine. Sadly, 20 percent of the children in these institutions eventually end up in prison and only one percent of them will go on to college.
With such a high rate of failure, it is vital that organizations working with orphans in Ukraine invest in programs that will help them become independent and productive members of society.
Universal Aid for Children provide healthcare, education and emotional support to a child in need. Since 2014 we start program for help refugee childrens with special needs from east of Ukraine
10 regions with the most orphans in Ukraine
|Regions in Ukraine||Population size, MM||Orphans per 100.000|
|Crimea(annexed by Russia)||1.994||224|
|Donetska(with the occupied part)||4.581||225|
Volunteers for orphans in Ukraine
Volunteers for orphanages in Ukraine can do much more than buy food. In addition to buying clothes for orphans, volunteers from the charity Universal Aid for Children in Ukraine foundation also help in medical, provide service vocational guidance. You can donate online for support child in need. You can also join our Facebook page and donate your time and money.
In Ukraine, there are 70,000 orphans and only 6,000 of them are adopted. Because of the desperate economy in the country, many people commit crimes to support their families. Some of them end up in jail, leaving their children without a permanent home.
Help orphans in Ukraine in the following way:
- You can donate one scholarship of 57 USD
- You can provide targeted assistance to one or two orphans
- You can also contact our managers and discuss any options for assistance
- You can trust us we are in the top rating in Greatnonprofit in 2020 and 2021 years
However, many of them never leave the orphanage system. You can help these kids in Ukraine by donating money to orphanages. You can make a difference by giving money to orphanages in Ukraine.
If you want to help orphans in Ukraine, you can make a donation. This project help over 3,400 orphans in Ukraine.
Universal aid for children have video channel these videos will show these children as real people and will change the way you view orphans and adoption in general. There will be a difference. This will not only help the children, but the world as a whole.
How you can help orphans in Ukraine
What makes a good charity? How should I choose between them? There are thousands of charities out there, each claiming to be the best at helping those less fortunate.Some claim to be effective, some claim to be inefficient, and some even claim to be scams.
This video presents the true history about Universal Aid for Children, our programs and our goals
We have helped more than 3400 orphans in Ukraine
103 Coral Way, Suite 202 Miami, FL 33145
Universal Aid for Children, Inc. is a registered tax-exempt non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) Federal TAX ID # 59-1739205